Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring decor and busy weekend

First I did finish my shamrock garland just in time for St. Patricks Day Tuesday! I didn't do any laundry all day Friday and my house looked like a tornado hit, but I did get those darn little felt shamrocks sewn! ;)

Here is a photo of them hung on some twine. I think next year I'll redo this and include some pots of gold (maybe use gold buttons for the "gold" and make the pots out of black felt somehow???)

As my other post mentioned, I went to the antique store in town for the first time in a long time on Saturday. One of my other treasures was this white bowl for 50 cents. I filled it with easter eggs from the craft store and added some faux flowers in glass bottles (got the bottles on clearance at good ol' walmart) and now I have a touch of spring in my entry area.

I also found some CUUUTEEE tea pots with adoreable rabbits on them and will post pics of those antique store bargins later! I plan to do a cup cakes and tea theme party for Miss Allie next month and those little Rabbit baby tea pots will fit in perfectly!

No comments: