Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Make your own Pot of gold


We made our pots of gold today. It is so simple and a great way to re-use those Halloween cauldrons that might be in storage somewhere!

I got my cauldrons at Target for $1.00 during Halloween and had them on my porch with Mums in them for October. This morning I pulled them out of the storage closet in the basement to use as Kettles for pots of gold that now sit in front of our fireplace.

The kids helped me gather some rocks from the road and then we just used a can of gold spray paint to create our "gold". We placed crunched up newspaper in the bottom of the pots so that they wouldn't require so much "gold". Then once the gold was dry, we stacked it on the top of the newspaper. A simple project to decorate for St. Patricks Day!

Now if I could only figure out how to make a money tree :)

1 comment:

rkreller said...

Wow, they look great. Allie looks so proud of her gold. Great idea!!