Thursday, November 5, 2009

A song we love

I discovered this song by accident when making an animoto video recently. By the way check out animoto.com if you haven't already. I have used this site for a couple of years to make some super cool videos with my photos! Anyway, this is a song that everyone in the family has fallen in love with. Ryan walks around singing the words and wants to listen to it alot! It has a great message. Take a moment and go to youtube for a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbi4nSrhRxo

And, in case you wanna sing along too,
Here are the lyrics for the song from Christanlyricsonline.com

Legacy
By Nichole Nordeman


I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

No comments: